3 Reasons NOT to buy a transportable home from us
August 29, 2014
It pains us to say this, but we’re not always your best choice for building.
We reckon there are 3 reasons not to do business with us, so we’ve listed them below (just to be upfront)
1. YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A CHARACTER HOME
If you’re looking for a villa, bungalow or unique character home then you’re better off finding an existing dwelling than building new with us.
Unfortunately for us, re-creating the features of yesteryear is simply not economic – we’d run over budget, you’d be disappointed, and no-one would be happy!
So if you’ve got your heart set on a character home then we recommend the following firms:
- VillaHomes.co.nz (upper north island)
- Stonewood Homes (lower north island – no website sorry!)
- TimelessHomes.co.nz (south island)
2. YOU’D LIKE TO KEEP YOUR FAMILY HOME
If keeping years of household memories alive is important to you then far be it from us to stand in your way. You should arrange a transport company to help move your family home to your new site.
Here are the transport firms we recommend:
- BOP House Removals (upper north island)
- Brittons House Movers (lower north island)
- King House Removals (south island)
3. YOU’D LIKE TO USE NATIVE TIMBER
If you’d like native timber used throughout your new home then we’ll have to bow out unfortunately.
But with that said, we’ve built a number of homes that have featured native timber in a more subtle way. For instance, we can incorporate the timber of your choice, a feature wall in the lounge for example, but we’d stop short of building a new home for you complete with Rimu joinery.
SO WHY CHOOSE US?
With the 3 reasons above aside, there are plenty of reasons to build a new transportable home with us.
For starters, how does a guarantee, no stress and an affordable new home sound?
If you’re shopping around then we’ve put together some resources which we think you might find helpful:
- The 2014 transportable home buyers guide
- 5 reasons why our transportable homes cost so little
- Everything you need to know about transporting a house
- The difference between transportable and conventional homes
- The pros and cons of building off-site
Questions or comments?
Call me (Wallace) on 07 572 0230 if you’d like to chat.