To what extent can THE plans be changed?
All of our plans can be changed. Minor changes such as moving a window or door are done at no extra cost. For any major changes (eg, making a plan wider or longer) we will re-calculate the cost and advise.
In terms of changes, anything is possible – just ask!
What comes with the house?
- Insulation (floor, walls, ceiling)
- Double glazed windows
- Gib stopping and painting
- Plumbing and bathroom hardware
- Toilet cistern and bath (or shower)
- All sinks & tap-ware (bathroom, kitchen, laundry)
- Kitchen cabinetry
- A hot water cylinder
What things do I need to take care of when you build a house for me?
- Site plan drawings including positioning and drainage details
- A building consent from your local authority (based on the site plan drawings)
- A transport company to deliver the house to your site
- The connecting of utilities at your new site (eg, phone, internet, power and water)
- The finishing touches like decking, base cladding, carpet, fixed floor coverings, curtains or drapes, appliances
We can put you in touch with people to help with all of the above – just ask!
Who’s responsible for getting the consents?
- We’re responsible for obtaining a consent to build your house at our yard
- You’re responsible for obtaining a consent to position the building at your property
We can put you in touch with our draftsmen to help with the above.
What house transporting company Do you recommend?
- We deal with a range of movers, here are some we’ve used recently
- BOP House Removals
- Brittons House Movers (Bulls)
- House Transporters (Paengaroa)
- Willcox Building Removals (Putaruru)
What can I expect to pay in terms of consents/transport above the build cost?
- Consents vary according to council, and can range from as little as $3000 up to $15,000
- Transport will most likely be between $15,000 and $25,000 (depending on your location) and this includes siting the house on the foundations
What brands and suppliers do you use?
We use the following reputable brands
- Premier Insulation
- NZ Windows
- Oregon ITM Building Supplies
For more detailed info, download a spec sheet.
How long does building typically take?
- Drafting of plans normally takes 2 weeks
- We then allow 5-6 weeks from this time to receive the building consent
- Construction then takes approximately 8 weeks (following the consent)
To learn more, see how it works.
Ready to get started?
Call me (Wallace) or Pam on 07 572 0230